Hospital Collections Question from a Visitor

Written By: Emil FleysherApril 9, 2013,

Q: My wife and I received a summons concerning a hospital debt of $722.00 started by a collection agency. What can we do?

A: What you can do is contact the agency or agency's attorney. You can see if they are willing to settle the hospital debt for less than what you owe. Without knowing your full situation, this is probably your best option. However, if you have other debts, you can consider a Chapter 7 bankruptcy to totally wipe away the hospital bill. In addition to any other unsecured debts you may have. Medical bills are actually one of the leading causes of personal Bankruptcy in Florida Bankruptcy would not be your best option; if your only debt is $722.00 as the costs and fees would most likely exceed your debt.

If you have questions about foreclosure, loan modification, bankruptcy, or other alternatives, please feel free to call my office at 888-886-0020, send an e-mail to, or complete the contact form below.

Request A
Free Consultation

"*" indicates required fields


*Required Fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Cape Coral
Deerfield Beach
Lake Worth
Palm Beach Gardens
Port St. Lucie
chevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram